We must first tackle the issue of finding the right Warehouse Management System (WMS), in order to streamline your business operations. Finding the right software platform, at an affordable price, can positively enhance your distribution network. Many of today’s most successful companies have achieved mobility, efficiency as well as ease-of access. These three aspects are crucial when selecting your WMS.
Features checklist for the right Warehouse Management System
- Provides real-time information to determine inventory status and other warehouse activities
- Remotely scan bar-coded items and track shipments
- Track several warehouses
- Track the output of your employees for efficiency
- Track your merchandise by a variety of factors
- Manage the locations and receiving elements of merchandise
- Accounting component of inventory
- Internet-enabled dashboard from which to control and assess all aspects of multiple operations
- Bilingual dashboard (English and French) optional
WIMS 2.0: Most efficient real-time mobile Warehouse Management System
It is now time to learn how to optimize inventory tracking. Once you have the right WMS at your enterprise, it is easy and effortless to manage and track your inventory. Let’s use Namtek’s warehouse management system, WIMS 2.0 as an example. It contains all of the features and benefits in the above checklist as well as:
- Enhanced security for your information in transit. Multiple layers of data protection make your wireless signal’s LAN/WAN transit a very hard shell to crack.
- WIMS interface is user-friendly. You can be up-and-running in no time, using a dashboard that guides you through the program easily.
- WIMS 2.0 employs the web and language-friendly XML SOAP protocol to rapidly send and receive data, allowing “real-time” tracking
- WIMS can adapt quickly to shifting business considerations and paradigms (no matter the industry you are in)
- Keeps your operating costs well under control, without sacrificing CRM
- Increases the transitory speed of your inventory and increases employee efficiency